If you are having a microphone issue:
Please do a test first by:
· Go to https://mictests.com/
· Click START
· When prompted, click ALLOW to permit access to the device microphone
· Begin speaking when prompted
o If the space stays blank when you are talking, the microphone is bad. Please submit a ticket to the help desk from the green button at the bottom of our Student Support for District Device page. (https://www.methacton.org/Page/647 ).
o If you see colored bars going up and down, then the microphone is working.
If you are having difficulty in Zoom specifically:
These settings are specific to the user and cannot be set in advance.
· While in a zoom meeting,
· Go to the microphone icon (where you would mute and unmute)
· Click on the ^ to the right of the icon.
· A dropdown window will appear and you should select the one at the bottom for Audio Settings.
· Click to turn on Automatically adjust microphone volume.
Note: The reset will take a few minutes to recalibrate.